– The two best-match vacancies I wanted to apply for evaporated on closer inspection. One had expired in June, one was run through an intermediary who was under strict instruction not to pass on resumes from people who didn’t have a University diploma in English/Dutch Translation. I might still send an open application to the first firm though.
– Lifestyle-wise, I’m still moving towards more of a normal worker’s schedule. I’m working on my habitual procrastination. I found out that not having music on over breakfast gives me more of a desire to get out of the house – today, I managed to cut half an hour’s worth of dawdling that way. Dawdling in the morning is my biggest time sink – all the other distractions during the day are minor compared to that.
– I’m also looking more closely at my own assumptions on how I go through the day. I’ve always thought of myself as "not a morning person" but this only really holds true for my writing and drawing. Anything else, from dentist appointments to swimming to photoshop work on my art can and should be scheduled early in the day. I think. Maybe. Possibly.
– I did a bit of teaching work today. Fun. Well-payed too, and the contact who got me this gig may be able to get me more.
– I still haven’t read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and I really should get started on it as the spoiler policies in the various Livejournal communities are more laxly enforced by the day. Even the HMS_STFU community on Journalfen, which is run with an iron fist and sarcasm, had a partial spoiler above the cut in one post.
– After today’s training, I think I may be able to run a half-marathon in not-embarrassing time and without arriving at the finish limping and puking. I’ll see how my bad knee feels tomorrow and then, if it’s not killing me, start looking for a suitable event in September or October to train towards.