I'm not going to claim that I'm nearly ready to start full-scale production again. I've got burned on that too often now. However, the Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan remaster project has picked up some speed. As of today, the latest remaster is the comic for November 3, 2003 ( http://www.rocr.net/index.php?p=20031103 )
The Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan remaster project started in 2006 as a way to upgrade some of the earlier comics from their poorly-scanned, tiny images. Remastered versions of several stories were posted on my DeviantArt site and on the Drunk Duck mirror site for ROCR, but it wasn't until recently that I've started posting new ones on the main site, working both backwards from the end of the story The Corby Tribe and forward from the start of The Rite of Serfdom.
The project has been beset by accidents and hardware failures including the simultaneous failure of both my main and secondary system, located at the time on two different continents, in late 2009, at a time when an earlier incident had caused me to temporarily lose faith in automated back-up software. That faith has since been somewhat restored, but some of the earlier remasters, including much of the work for The Corby Tribe, have already been lost and will need to be redone.
Currently, the remaster process involves work on scans that were high-res, but low bit depth, which at the time were coloured in on the main layer. The gutters and panel borders are cleaned out, then on a new layer, the line art is improved, with particular attention on areas where the low-bit depth lines run into each other, causing areas of the art to become crowded. Sometimes, new detail is added that will be visible on the larger final images. The art is re-lettered, with British spellings now the norm for all pages, and sometimes new word balloons are drawn using Photoshop. In addition, some pages are redrawn entirely from scratch and some characters, particularly Maghreid, Abúi and P'Séaigg are partly redrawn and recoloured nearly every time they appear. Final results are suitable as source images for even higher-res remasters in the future, and for print in the unlikely event that there is real interest. The work is done in 15-minute blocks during the working week, and in longer blocks of time during the weekends.
The remaster project should be complete by the time my wife is ready to work in the Netherlands, by which time I should be able to work fewer hours in my day job and get back to regular production of new work. That could be as early as next year, or as late as 2015.